New Jersey Liquor Licenses
Buy or Sell Process


Marketing program to sell your New Jersey Liquor Licenses

If you own New Jersey Liquor Licenses – 33 consumption license, a 44 distribution license, or a 32 broad C consumption license and would like to sell it, contact me. I can help You with the Buy or Sell Process.

No Marketing Cost to the Seller.

My marketing program will result in your license receiving top dollar. This is a dynamic market. My program involves contacting potential buyers from national chains, independents, and local businesses. I have an extensive network and leverage selective proven brokers. I market extensively on the internet, trade publications, newspaper advertisement, and trade associations. Call me to discuss your individual needs.

Real Estate Developers & New Jersey Liquor Licenses

Control your own destiny. Buy the license before the real estate deal gets inked. Remove the “liquor” contingency from your deal. Many towns have limited license availability. Maximize your rental income by owning the license before going to market on the property. I can identify the value and availability of license in your market. We then can decide how to capture the license leading to a successful real estate transaction for your new development.

Hotel Developers & New Jersey Liquor Licenses

Unlock hidden value in your project. Many chains and independents want to locate near or in your new projects. Any hotel in New Jersey receives a NJ consumption license provided it has 100 rooms. With my restaurant contacts, I can fill the spot in your hotel with a name-brand or independent operator who will enhance your food service.

If you want to buy licenses, creative ways to obtain license exist. Bankruptcy auction, tax auction, both local and federal. I monitor what is happening in the market and can assist the astute buyer to negotiate through these avenues. Many dollars can be saved utilizing this strategy, when available.

What is a pocketed or inactive New Jersey Liquor License?
Can it be used, sold, or otherwise transacted?

If a license has been inactive for two or more years it is considered pocketed or inactive and a special ruling from NJABC’s Director is required before the municipality may renew the license for the next license year.  In order to apply for a special ruling, the licensee must file the renewal application with the municipality and pay all renewal fees. The municipality will then hold the license renewal in abeyance until the Alcoholic Beverage Commission Director issues the special ruling.

In order to obtain a special ruling, the licensee must file a verified petition.  Among other items of information, the verified petition must set forth how long the license has been inactive; the reason for the inactivity; efforts made to activate the license; the prognosis for activation; and previous petitions made by the licensee.  It is within the NJABC Director’s discretion whether to grant the relief sought. Although there is no limit to the number of special rulings that the Alcoholic Beverage Commission Director may make with respect to any one license, the longer the license is inactive, the less the probability that the NJABC Director will grant the petition and issue a special order.

Typically, the New Jersey ABC Director will issue a special ruling for the first verified petition for a period of two years. Thereafter, special rulings will be granted on an annual basis. The NJ ABC Director’s willingness to grant special rulings for renewals will depend on the efforts being made to place the license and/or the reasons for the inability to place the license.

For more information on New Jersey Liquor Licenses, click on the “B” New Jersey Liquor Licenses - Buy or Sell Process